04 February 2011

Fuel Economy

I've been driving my R1 for a few thousand miles now in a combination of urban and short expressway driving. In all that time, I've been monitoring the car's fuel consumption over the many weeks of ownership.

With a fuel capacity of 30 litres, the one thing to note is how often I make a fuel stop at the nearest petrol station to fill up. The frugal 4 cylinder 660 cc engine delivers a more than decent fuel consumption of 18.5km per litre of 95 RON petrol. That works out to about 5.5 litres of fuel per 100km. At present fuel prices of about S$2 per litre of fuel, that works out to about 10 cents per km travelled.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mr Lim, I am also a R1 owner. Just bought my R1 FEB'11. You happen to know if there is any R1 club in Singapore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry but I'm not sure there is one... Happy driving!

    ReplyDelete