31 March 2011

Update: 7,500 km after...

It's been some time since I last posted here and I figured that I ought to keep things updated.
I've clocked in more than 7,500 kilometers in the last couple of months and I am just as thrilled to drive this car now as when I first got it. The initial appeal hasn't faded away and the car make a lot of sense now as when I bought it. The spiraling uncertainty in the Middle East has sent oil prices at the pumps moving up, affecting every road user.

Thankfully I've been getting an average fuel consumption of between a dreadful 16.5km per litre to a frugal 21km per litre. The big disparity comes from the load of carrying a road bike on the back with my bike carrier and a heavy accelerator foot to a concerted effort to plan my trip to avoid road congestion and driving frugally with no sudden throttle blips and heavy revving. All in I'd say I'm still averaging about 18.5 km per litre. It took me awhile to get used to not having the brisk acceleration compared to the Subaru Forester that we have but it has definitely done wonders in improving the fuel consumption.

I've been using Esso 95 RON fuel for the most part and recently decided to use lower grade 92 RON fuel. The fuel consumption hasn't changed much for me to draw any definite conclusions but I can definitely say it hasn't made much difference in terms of pickup and smoothness. So lower grade 92 RON is definitely an option especially since we all want to save money.

No comments:

Post a Comment